Job Title: Registry Assistant
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Records &Information Management
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Registry Assistant will be tasked with the maintenance of efficient centralised mail system of the Bank and ensuring confidentiality and security of information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, Verify, classify and keep custody of all Bank correspondences and prepare Periodical reports for Management in line with bank procedures and policies.
- Arrange for timely routing of all internal correspondences and physical delivery of all external correspondences to relevant destinations in line with Bank procedures and policies.
- The incumbent will maintain an accurate perpetual inventory for all incoming and outgoing correspondences for tracking purposes in line with bank policies and procedures.
- Work closely with all courier companies to ascertain complete and proper delivery of all dispatched correspondences in line with bank policies and procedures.
- Reconcile received payment request documents from courier companies for accuracy and requisitioning of established payments in line with bank procedures and policies.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor Records &Information Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Registry Assistant job placement should hold a Diploma in related field
- A minimum of two years’ exposure in similar role in a busy environment
- Good report writing skills
- Exceptional Customer care skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standards.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work under time constraints
- Good computer skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of clerical and administrative best practices and procedures.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th October 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline