Job Title: Records Officer
Organisation: PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference Number: 129-UGA00022
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) supports organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in Uganda and the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
About Voucher Plus Project:
Abt Associates has sub-contracted PwC as the Voucher Management Agent (VMA) that will manage the entire cycle of the voucher program from printing and distribution of vouchers to partners, contracting of Voucher Service Providers (VSPs), redemption of vouchers and payment of authenticated claims to VSPs. Uganda Voucher Plus Activity is a 5 year maternal health voucher program. The program will distribute approximately 385,000 vouchers to poor pregnant mothers in Eastern and Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Records Officer will manage all claim records from the point of receipt to archive and in accordance with agreed procedures. The incumbent will receive claims, stamp “received”, allocate the claims received to data entrants and retaining a record of claims which have been given to individual data entrants. He/She will reconcile the number of claims entered by each data entrant with a location. He/She will store away the entered claims. The Records Officer will retrieve/provide access to claims records whenever required, keeping a log of each requestor and claim records provided. The candidate will be assigned some personal assistant roles. He/She will work in close proximity with the project coordinator and claims and settlement manager to enable smooth running of project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of reviewing the VMA filing system developed for the project and advise the Project Coordinator on any improvements necessary.
· Managing a proper filing system for Voucher Service Provider (VSP) claims together with all related documentation.
· Ensuring filing is done in accordance with agreed record keeping regime and comply with the same.
· Using records management resources appropriately and efficiently.
· The incumbent will be managing and responding to all requests from VMA staff for access to archived documentation, ensuring appropriate approvals, tracking and accountability for records “checked out” from the storage/archive.
· Ensuring effective tracking of all documents in and out of the storage/archive.
· Supporting the coordinator regarding correspondence to the Voucher Service Providers (VSPs) and other stakeholders.
· Ensuring that phone calls, messages and enquiries are handled efficiently.
· Supporting in organizing meetings, workshops and seminars for Voucher Service Providers
· Providing logistics support for both internal and external meetings, conferences and workshops and ensure timely distribution of related materials.
· Working closely with suppliers and requisitioning of supplies.
· Assisting claims and settlements manager with overseeing data entrants and claims vetting officers.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Records Officer job must hold a bachelor's degree in librarian and information science or related field will be an added advantage
· A minimum of two years’ experience of managing complex hard copy and electronic records system
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Excellent communications skills
· Great time management and organizational ability
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain a high level of confidentiality;
· Customer oriented and a great team player
· Well-developed inter-personal, planning and organizational skills;
· Demonstrate flexibility and ability to meet deadlines; and
· Be willing to work beyond the official hours if the need arises.
How to Apply:
If you are confident that you fit the person and job profile and you are keen on growing your career with one of the leading Consultancy firms in the Country, please visit our Careers website.
Deadline: 8th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline