Job Title: Records Assistant
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Records Officer
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Records Assistant will assist the Records Officer in Records and Information management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will compile, gather and organise reports, documents and records;
- Process, scan and index records;
- File all records in their respective files;
- The Records Assistant will retrieve files and take them for action;
- Shelve or put away files and add new files to the archives;
- Maintain file order on the filing cabinets and shelves;
- Routinely check to ensure that file information is complete;
- Store and extract file information from the computer;
- The incumbent will create new folders and files and keep them updated;
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondences;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Diploma in Records and Archives Management, or Library and Information Science or its equivalent obtained from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two years’ experience at the level of Records Assistant or an equivalent in a reputable organization.
- Personal Competencies: team work; effective communication; ethics and integrity; result orientation; computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline