Job Title: Project Support Internship Jobs
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Grade: G-5
Reports to: Project Officer
Ref: IN: 01/09/016
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), established in 1951, is the leading international intergovernmental organization dealing with migration. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
IOM Mission in Uganda is currently implementing the project “Strengthening Border Security in Uganda”, in partnership with the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control (DCIC) within the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The aim of the project is to build the capacity of the Government of Uganda to respond to transnational security threats through an integrated border management approach. The project activities include the deployment of border management information systems to multiple border control points, provision of various trainings, construction of the Immigration Training Academy, and establishment of immigration intelligence unit, among others.
Job Summary: The Project Support Intern will support the Project Officer through the provision of administrative and logistical support involved in the various trainings and workshops, as well as with other project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with organizing training programs and workshops for government officials on various aspects of border management;
· Coordinate with government agencies to ensure and arrange the attendance of relevant officials at trainings and workshops;
· Offer timely logistical assistance before, during and after the various trainings and workshops;
· Assist with the logistics for deploying border management information systems at multiple border control points;
· Assist with the coordination of various activities aimed for inter-agency cooperation on border management; and
· Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Project Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the International Organization for Migration IOM Project Support intern should hold a University degree in International Relations, Human Rights, social sciences, development studies or related field
· One year of relevant experience in the public sector or with NGOs
· Previous experience in organizing conferences, trainings and/or workshops;
· Prior experience working with government agencies in Uganda;
· Excellent organizational and communication skills;
· Good understanding of and strong interest in migration issues in Uganda and worldwide;
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel; and
· Demonstrable ability to take initiative and work independently while also working with and learning from others.
· Language: Fluent in English
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) should send their resumes and three professional references attached as one PDF document electronically via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly include the REFERENCE NUMBER and POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 26th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline