Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Pharmacist
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician will issue out drugs to patients based on the prescriptions received, support the Pharmacist in preparation of Pharmacy reports and drug orders as well as stock management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Guides patients and attendants in the proper use and storage of medicines.
- Offer support in the preparation of quality compounded medicines and extemporaneous preparations.
- Clean, and help maintain equipment and work areas, and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CORSU Pharmacy Technician job placement should hold a Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution and registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
- One year of clinical work experience in dispensing.
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi, Uganda or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline