Job Title: National Sponsorship Assistant
Organization: SOS Children’s Villages
Reports to: National Sponsorship Coordinator
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is an indigenous non-government, social development organisation affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organisation, currently running Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. SOS has been working in Uganda since 1991, and runs Children’s Villages and other projects at Kakiri, Entebbe (Abaita Ababiri), Gulu and in Fort Portal - Kabarole district.
Job Summary: The National Sponsorship Assistant will support the National Sponsorship Coordinator in conducting quality assurance tasks. The National Sponsorship Assistant is responsible for reviewing all sponsorship communication documents coming from project locations and checking whether it is done according to the Sponsorship Policy support document and meets the set standards. The jobholder will be editing, composing and finalizing Sponsorship correspondences and will give replies to letters and inquiries of sponsors, acknowledges gifts sent for children and works in assuring bi-annual sponsorship letters are prepared with quality. Moreover, the co-worker, by keeping in mind the overall purpose of the Sponsorship office makes sure that correspondences and sponsorship letters are prepared to attract new sponsors and maintain the existing ones as a valuable means to cover the financing of SOS programs. He/ She works in close consultation with the National Sponsorship Coordinator for technical support and will provide him/ her with timely information and reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receives and check parcels/letters from sponsors and acknowledges them in the parcel register, database as well as preparing an acknowledgement form to the Sponsorship assistant at the respective location.
· Receives and reviews child progress letters and other correspondences prepared by project sponsorship assistants. Makes sure the letters are done according to the sponsorship guidelines, reviews accordingly and ensures prompt dispatch of the same to the sponsors.
· Drafts and writes memos, takes minutes of meetings keeps a copy on file and gives replies to general queries to the Sponsorship Assistants and Village Directors as instructed.
· Works closely with the National Sponsorship Coordinator in providing training and guidance for staff involved in sponsorship activities and ensures the co-workers are in line with the sponsorship standards.
· Manages the photo archive for the entire department. Reviews and saves a copy of all child photos while ensuring they are up to the standards before printing and dispatch to sponsors.
· Maintains an updated filing structure laid out for the sponsorship department.
· Supports the National Sponsorship Coordinator in maintaining an updated online database necessary for managing the information within the department.
· Ensures that the sponsorship department procures all the necessary resources for the smooth running of tasks.
· Ensure that money gift notifications for a given quarter tally with information on the quarterly control lists.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social Sciences, Education with English double-main from a recognised institution.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role and computer literacy is a must.
· Possession of good writing skills as well as photography skills is highly desirable. Experience in documentation & impact reporting will be an added advantage.
· Highly developed interpersonal, communication skills including influencing & negotiation.
· Exhibit strong ability to work across different age groups & academic levels without compromising the quality of the work.
· Excellent time management and organizational/ planning abilities.
· Previous experience in managing a database is desired
· Age: Between 26-30 years.
How to Apply:
All applicants, who meet the specified job requirements, should send their application letters enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae, current salary information, certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including telephone contact and details of at least three references to the address below. Please send your application by email indicating in the subject line the position title and use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and send all documents in one file attachment for emails. (Attachments which do not follow this procedure will not be considered).
The National Human Resource Manager,
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
25 km on Kampala-Entebbe Rd, Abaita Ababiri,
P.O. Box 27510, Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 9th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline