Job Title: M&E Officer
Organisation: Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung (DSW)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) is an international development and advocacy organisation with headquarters in Hannover, offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, and liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels. In addition, we are working in partnership with sub-grantees in Burkina Faso, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, India, Indonesia, Nepal, and Pakistan. DSW is politically and religiously independent. It has a Board of Directors and an Advisory Board that advises and monitors its operations. DSW is a partner of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Job Summary: The M&E Officer will lead the projects’ monitoring and evaluations, development of baselines, mid-term and final evaluations reports. The incumbent provides guidance in the development of program M & E systems and effectively capturing and reporting on activities across multiple implementers of DSW Project activities. The jobholder will also actively participate in resource mobilization efforts by leading the development of performance management plans and contributing to project plans on M&E systems. The primary areas of responsibility for the position include: Establish and implement a comprehensive organizational M&E plan and knowledge management system to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation in order to improve internal processes and results delivery Regularly review and improve the M&E plan by seeking stakeholder inputs and through consultations with practitioners in other organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support programs in designing and conducting baseline surveys, mid-term evaluations, specialized studies and final evaluations to include sampling methodologies, data collection instruments, analysis and report development
- Develop, in coordination with the program unit, a system to ensure that the program planning, including inputs and targets, is aligned with the overall program log frames
- Develop, refine and manage the process for regular reporting on findings and coordinate with appropriate departments for the dissemination of information.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the M&E plan, including support of field officers in continued implementation of M&E tools and instruments.
- Offer timely technical assistance and data for the M&E component of grant proposal development.
- Build and coordinate partnerships for independent, external assessments to attain good quality, third-party evaluation studies.
- Create and maintain online and hardcopy M&E procedure manuals for field staff.
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate training materials and presentations for capacity building of programme staff.
- Offer support for annual reviews and reflections with implementing staff and communities and analyze data trends towards objectives achievement
- Stay abreast with the latest developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
- Making regular visits to worksites to monitor the development and implementation of M&E activities.
- Ensuring adherence to compliance of M&E methodology and systems using developed tools and indicators.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Development studies, or relevant field preferred. PGD in M & E will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience with performance monitoring and evaluation for development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection tools and analysis. Skills and preferably experience with numerical methods and database management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (CV and motivation letter indicating salary expectation) with the subject matter “M&E Officer” addressed to the National Team Coordinator- Admin & Human Resource to: email@example.com
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline