Job Title: Website and Applications Developer
Organisation: Essential Home Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Essential Home Services is an online marketplace that matches freelance domestic labor with local demand, allowing consumers to find immediate help with everyday tasks, including cleaning, child care, moving, delivery and handyman work. As a small startup, we are looking for an individual that we can work with on mutual benefit. The job offer isn’t therefore on standard remuneration basis but a managing partner who will manage our web platform but also work on his business. This job is suitable for a web entrepreneur who needs physical space and tools and can in turn offer his/her services to us.
Job Summary: The Website and Applications Developer will be responsible for developing and managing our operational website and offer excellent technical support. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules. The web developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying the Essential Home Services website and lead consulting for EHS App development. This includes from layout to function and according to EHS client's specifications. Strive to create visually appealing website and social media sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop and improve on existing web and software programs
· Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
· Design and update software database
· Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
· Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
· Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must at least hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
· At least two years’ experience in web and software development
· The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
· The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
· Previous experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
· Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services is needed to be successful in this position.
· Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
· Web Developer Skills and Qualifications:
· An entrepreneur who is passion driven
· Ability to work independently
· Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
· Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
· Keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an electronic copy of their updated CVs and cover letters (do not attach academic documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. In the subject line, put your name and the position you are applying for e.g. MOTOKA_JOHN_WEBDEV.
Deadline: Friday, 23rd September 2016 by 5pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline