Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Information Technology Officer
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Information Technology Officer will provide information technology support to the SGR Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will design, program, code and analyse new computer programs and data structures in accordance with specifications and user needs, Organisational procedures and in accordance with programming standards;
- The jobholder will write and maintain program and system operations documentation for users and operators; assure documentation contains steps to initiate programs and routines to remedy interruptions in program runs;
- The Information Technology Officer will develop technical solutions that meet business needs and initiatives;
- Develop in-house coding standards based on known global coding standards;
- Carry out code reviews;
- The IT officer will also recommend and implement testing strategies when required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Information Technology Officer job must hold a Bachelor (Hons) Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or any other related discipline from a recognized Institution;
- Two years of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge and experience working with responsive website design using Bootstrap, Skeleton, or Foundation;
- Mobile app development skills is an added advantage;
- Previous experience working with Microsoft .NET Platform using C#, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework;
- Previous experience working with Java, PHP, developing websites with WordPress CMS, Drupal, Joomla, MySQL, Ruby on Rails will be added advantage;
- Personal Competencies: team work; planning organising and coordination; effective communication; ethics and integrity; result orientation; computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline