Job Title: FX and MM Trader
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Citigroup is today’s pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world. With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries. Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.
Job Summary: The FX and MM Trader will support Citi Bank in the following;
- Developing and managing a foreign exchange trading book restricted to G10 and regional currencies (EA and South Africa currencies).
- Trading domestic money markets and repos and other fixed income products as assigned.
- Managing FX exposures within approved market risk and counterparty limits.
- Providing high quality customer execution and service for all treasury products
- Generating FX trading and Risk Treasury Revenues and manage balance sheet where required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of executing money markets and FX products sales – Balance sheet funding, Spot, Swaps and Forwards
- Actively support product and customer development
- Actively contributing to improvements in quality/efficiency of MM and FX products delivery process
- In charge of managing the bank’s liquidity within S2 limits, and interest rate risk within approved S2/MAT / DV01 limits
- Responsible for managing Central Bank’s reserves and balances efficiently, with NIL penalties.
- In charge of maintaining minimum idle balances, zero overdrafts in all FCY accounts through placements/borrowing/ swaps and MM deals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the FX and MM Trader must hold a Bachelor’s degree preferably in economics, accounting, engineering, computer science or mathematics.
- At least one to two years of direct FX and Money Market dealing experience
- Leadership skills
- Good team player
- High degree of creativity
- Initiative and flexibility
- Good management/supervisory skills
- Strategic planning skills
- High degree of integration
- Management or Execution skills
- Quick thinker, who can translate rapid decisions into immediate action
- Set day to day trading policy
- Analysis and preparation of deals
- Analytical thinking and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to handle pressure
- Keen attention to detail
- Assisting in new product development
- Creativity, Initiative and flexibility
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong numerical and good computing skills
- Broad knowledge of end-to-end processes for FX and Money Market products
- Basic dealing knowledge in one or more foreign currency
- Basic Knowledge in Spot and forward foreign currency trading
- Fully Conversant with local Money Market conditions
- Good knowledge of Country/Regional macroeconomics and financial markets
How to Apply:
All applicants who to join Citi Group in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline