Job Title: Fundraising and Communications Officer
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Fundraising/ CEO
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Fundraising and Communications Officer will develop and implement CoRSU fundraising strategy, establish additional sources of funding and manage relationships with existing donors. The incumbent will be tasked with grant identification, application and follow-up and explore new and alternative sources of funding.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of developing and implementing CoRSU fundraising strategy
- Support CoRSU to develop exciting new creative fundraising strategies through developing resources, working on publicity strategies and more.
- Work as Events co-ordinator to develop successful fundraising events, including receptions for major donors and artistic performances.
- The incumbent will recruit new supporters and advocates, who represent CoRSU on a local and international level such as friends of CoRSU and Good will ambassadors.
- Develop attractive resources to accompany CoRSU’s “putting patients first” initiative and strategic plan, supporting colleagues in fundraising.
- Establishing additional sources of funding
- Work in liaison with the CEO to formulate strategy for recruiting major donors and inform Board of Trustees
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and Research Coordinator to establish potential research funding opportunities and make detailed applications to trust funds and potential donors
- Establish clear systems and to ensure regular funding applications are made on time.
- Identify opportunities for funding, publicity, networking and media.
- Build, strengthen and manage relationships with existing donors such as CBM, including regular reporting updates.
- Ensure up-to date and accurate records are kept of donations, and are easily accessible.
- Make presentations to potential donors and make relevant follow up
- Explore new and alternative source of funding.
- The incumbent will meet CoRSU’s agreed fundraising targets-UGX400 million per year and increase it by 10% per year
- Participate in the development of publications including Newsletter, Fliers and Brochures
- Engage with the public and other institutions to create and maintain networks.
- Update the donor database.
- Organize partnerships and participate in public fundraising drives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CORSU Fundraising and Communications Officer job placement should hold a University degree preferably in marketing, communication, grants writing/project management or any other relevant field
- At least two years’ experience in funding proposal writing and a proven track record of writing successful grants.
- Previous experience in working in the NGO/Not-for-Profit sector with proven track record of strategic planning, proposal writing and budgeting for institutional donors
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and social skills
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi, Uganda or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline