Job Title: Finance Clerk
Organization: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Finance Coordinator
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years, ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance Clerk will provide support in handling issues related to finance in accordance with ACF standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cash and Bank Management:
· Responsible for finance at capital by ensuring the respect of ACF finance procedures related to cash management and bank transactions.
· To make cash payments and advances, ONLY if the payment/Cash request/Purchase order has been duly approved by the FinCO/CD
· In charge of ensuring each transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent number, stamp, description, date , amount etc)
· Instantly record cash transactions in the manual cashbook to ensure the book balance at any particular moment matches with the actual cash.
· Responsible for making follow ups on advances by making sure advances are cleared within 48 hours and no advances are outstanding at the end of the month and when staff goes on leave.
· Conduction weekly and monthly cash counts as per ACF internal control
· Post cash box, main safe and Bank transactions into Saga and ensure that the monthly database are submitted to Asst. Fin CO by the 2nd of the next month.
2. Receive Field monthly accountancy, verify physical presence and review the quality of field accountancy documents:
· Receive and verify the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment from the field bases and establish a connection between their Saga database, documents and physical counting.
· Report any missing documents and dubious documents to the Assistant Finance Coordinator
· In charge of making follow-up on missing documents with the respective Base Admin Objective
3. Ensure the classification and filing of the mission accountancy documents as per the Admin Kit:
· Maintain all finance documents in the appropriate folders and ensure that the classification and filing is made as per the ACF KitAdmin.
· After the monthly accountancy closure check the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes and make corrections accordingly.
4. Retrieve Accountancy documents when required:
· Ensure that all project files and other finance files are clearly labelled
· Retrieve any documents when required.
· Maintain and IN/OUT document register.
· Responsible for making follow up on documents taken out of the fields
5. Support the Finance Department: Sit in for the Assistant Finance Coordinator while out of office
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Action Against Hunger ACF Finance Clerk should preferably hold a University degree in Business Administration or any other equivalent area.
· At least two years’ experience in similar role especially with NGO.
· Good time management skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
· Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of word processor, Spreadsheet ,SAGA etc
· Excellent knowledge in excel
· Honesty and integrity
· Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBS. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Address your email application to: email@example.com mentioning “Finance Clerk” in the subject line.
Deadline: 2nd September 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline