Job Title: Economist
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Planning and Strategy
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Economist will actively participate in planning, programming and implementation of all SGR development activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in the formulation and review of SGR project plans and programs
- Carry out monitoring and evaluating of SGR programs
- Conduct operational social research
- Assess the impact of SGR in respect of socio-economic development
- The incumbent will collect and disseminate data for economic planning
- Offer support in the preparation of recurrent and development budgets for the SGR
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Economics and or Statistics from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an economist in Government or in a reputable organization.
- Personal Competencies: economic analysis; team work; planning organising and coordination; effective communication; ethics and integrity; result orientation; computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline