Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Unit Finance Manager
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for providing timely and reliable information, maintain accurate records of financial transactions through establishing accounts and posting transactions in the accounting system for the Programme Unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cash Disbursement:
· Reconcile the receipt record with cash receipts and the bank deposit slip
· The jobholder processes invoices in SAP
· Prepares payments on the business on-line system
· Prepares cheques to accompany the corresponding payment - Vouchers
· Stamps payment vouchers and all supporting documents as ’paid’ as per the operation manual.
· Capture all transactions into the SAP as per Plan International’s procedures
· Execute mobile money payments
2. Record Management:
· Maintain payment Voucher files in numerical order.
· Proper custody of the embossing machine and paid stamps
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
· Prepare and submit the monthly mobile money reconciliation report
4. CPP Responsibilities:
· Adhere to the Child Protection Policy (CPP), Code of Conduct and reporting any child protection issues.
· Responsible for the implementation of the CPP standards as they apply to area of responsibility, development of actions to address identified gaps and monitoring their effectiveness
5. Sponsorship Commitments Responsibilities: Understands the sponsorship commitments and support Plan International Uganda team at all times to work with them and meet the commitment to Sponsored Children and sponsors
Dealing with Problems: Having to make payment for a Project Outline and later finding that it is not yet linked to the grant in SAP
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Plan International Assistant Accountant job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) degree in Finance and Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration with accounting major
· Part professional qualification in accountancy e.g. CPA or ACCA,
· At least two years working experience as an Assistant Accountant in a busy and reputable organisation
· Computer literate with ability to work with spreadsheets
· Knowledge of an accounting software package such as SAP, SUN, Tally, Sage desirable
· Previous experience working with an NGO will be an added advantage
· Interest in addressing children, family and community development issues
· High level of integrity and accuracy
· Committed to meeting deadlines
· Good team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Ag. Country Human Resources Manager,
Email to: email@example.com.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th November 2016.
Deadline: 12th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline