Job Title: Financial Accountant–MIS & Budget
Organisation: Movit Products Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturer in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures Skin and Hair products.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant–MIS & Budget will be responsible for providing operational support in Budget Planning and management of company information system reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
· The jobholder will also guide management on the Budgeting processes and implementation;
· Monitor and evaluate departmental Budgets to ensure performance within budgets;
· Ensure that effective Financial Risk management procedures are implemented to cover risks related to credit control, forex, interest exposure and inflation;
· Provide supporting documentation for internal and external audits;
· Work closely with external auditors while in their annual audit exercise and to follow up recommendations, implementation of issues raised by the internal auditors and external auditors;
· Manage the implementation and management of an effective, comprehensive and user friendly MIS.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Movit Products Limited (MPL) Financial Accountant–MIS & Budget job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in BCOM, BBA with a bias in accounting from a recognized university;
· The applicant must be a fully qualified accountant CPA;
· A minimum of five years’ experience in an accounting role, preferably in a busy work environment;
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledger journals, preparedness to learn more complex principles;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with individuals at all levels, team working and customer care skills, combined with discretion;
· Excellent budget control skills;
· Excellent organizational and time management skills, including a highly methodical approach and the ability to keep track of multiple pieces of work, combined with a capacity to remain calm under pressure;
· Adopts a proactive approach with an ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision, while recognizing issues that require referral; and
· Computer literacy i.e. skills in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send an application form, download here, with an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic transcripts via E-mail to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Movit Products Limited,
P.O. Box 27109 Kampala, Uganda or
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Not more than 1.5 MBs)
Deadline: 19th September 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline