Job Title: Finance Manager
Organization: Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a social enterprise that distributes lease-to-own bicycles in Northern Uganda. Bicycles connect rural farmers to markets, health clinics, clean water, and education. We work with customers who cannot easily access financial institutions, which is why we offer our bicycles on credit, paid back over time. We are a social driven business. We’re committed to our impact and the customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will oversee the company’s finances, including its lease portfolio, financial systems, and accounting for a growing social enterprise.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop a strategic direction for the organization (along with the senior leadership team)
· Build, continually update and refine complex financial projections and other tools to aid internal decision making and external fundraising
· Manage accounting, treasury, tax, HR
· Ensure financial systems flow throughout the company, including designing and implementing the appropriate processes and systems when necessary
· The incumbent will identify and help implement technological improvements for loan and client management
Financial Information & Modeling:
· Compile financial information into financial statements / report these statements to management
· Strategize, build and implement the appropriate financial models to both analyze data and have it integrate within other departments
· Understand the risks to which the business is subject, and mitigating these risks
· Manage our lease portfolio and work with our credit team to keep portfolio at risk (PAR) at a low point.
Financing: Monitor cash balances and arrange to meet future cash requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Finance Manager must vacancy must at least have five years of demonstrated financial experience, including loan management
· The applicant should love data, numbers, systems, and early stage companies.
· Preference given to those with experience at an MFI and/or lease management
· Strong grasp of accounting theory and practice
· The incumbent must be a finance and business savvy individual willing to add strength to our management team.
· Previous track-record in loan management and thrives when building structure
· Proactive and demonstrated leadership experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Passionate about instituting a data-driven culture
· Strong technical and computer skills, including with at least one financial management software
· Fast-paced and ability to multi-task
· Flexible and able to work on diverse teams
· Strong interest in using business solutions to solve pressing social issues
· Willing and eager to work non-traditional business hours to ensure tasks are completed
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline