Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL) evolved from Busia Private Sector Promotion Centre, which was established in 1998 by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as a GoU/UNDP programme. In 2003, the Promotion Centre was re-profiled and registered as a company limited by guarantee. SEPSPEL’s mission is “To empower the vulnerable communities to attain improved standards of living on a sustainable basis.” The organization has operations in 28 Districts. We focus on Livelihoods, Education, Advocacy, Human Rights, Water and Sanitation and Private Sector Capacity building.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) will mainly be responsible for the financial and administrative management of SEPSPEL. The incumbent will formulate, monitor and review SEPSPEL’s financial resources management and utilisation. The incumbent will ensure the formulation, review and implementation of administrative policies and procedures. He/she will be responsible for Budget preparation, Budget analysis, Projection, Control, Management, Financial reporting and overall Administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will analyze and assess the financial impact of management decisions both prior and subsequent to implementation and advise accordingly
- Ensure the necessary cash flow to finance planned activities and operation;
- Safeguard resources through appropriate financial controls;
- Provide a financial framework for planning future activities and operations;
- Manage transaction and processing systems which produce information for the control of planned activities and operations;
- Ensure legality and regularity in the use of funds;
- Pay attention to concepts of value for money in all transactions done
- File and submit all statutory returns as stated by the laws of Uganda.
- Manage and monitor computerized financial system for all the projects implemented by SEPSPEL
- Coordinate and consolidate financial reports generated by accountants and submit to the different donors as per donor guidelines
- Prepare and submit reports that are necessary for the day-to-day management of SEPSPEL in accordance with the International Accounting Standards and donor requirements.
- Prepare final accounts for the organization
- Prepare monthly Bank reconciliation statements for all the bank accounts
- Lead the audit process both internal and external
- Coordinate staff under your department to maintain up-to-date asset register for the organization/projects
- Work with Staff under your department to establish asset management and control procedures in line with the Company/donor requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting from a recognized University;
- Professional course such as CPA, ACCA is an added advantage
- At least five years’ working experience in Finance department in an NGO environment;
- Experience with USAID, DFID and other donor funded projects is an added advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of the national policies and laws related to the finance function and ability to work with big teams in a busy environment.
- Age: Between 27-37 years
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
All applicants are encouraged to send their applications including an application letter clearly specifying the position and Salary History, A Curriculum Vitae/Resume, Copies of Academic Transcripts and any relevant trainings and Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references addressed to:
The CEO SEPSPEL,
P.O. Box 62, Busia,
PLOT 10 Ogoola Road,
Hand deliver your applications to any of the offices below:
- Kampala Office, Kyebando Central; near City View High School
- Jinja office: Gabula Road opposite Crisis Pregnancy Centre,
- Bugiri Office, near Gilgal Guest House
- Iganga Regional office, Kaliro Road near Sterling Construction offices/Mutukula Market Area
- Busia office near District Headquarters
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 30th September, 2016 by 2:00 pm