Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: Uganda Debt Network (UDN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
Uganda Debt Network (UDN) was formed in 1996 as an ad-hoc coalition of organizations and individuals to campaign for debt relief for Uganda under the Highly Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) Initiative of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). UDN was registered as a non-governmental organization (NGO) under the NGO Registration Statute in 1998 and incorporated as a Company Limited by Liability with no shareholding in 1999 under the Company Law 1964. UDN was also registered with the National NGO Board in November 2011 in accordance with the provisions of the Non-Governmental Organisations Registration Act.
Job Summary: The Finance & Administration Manager will responsible for the full implementation of the UDN financial management policies, processes and procedures to ensure internal efficiencies and effective preparation and dissemination of financial information for management decision making and reporting purposes. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well- respected, high-impact organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Finance & Administration Manager will report to the Director of Finance & Administration and in the absence of which, directly to the Executive Director.
· Regularly analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate periodic and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
· Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director and programme staff; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
· The incumbent will manage organizational cash flow and forecasting for efficient and effective programme implementation.
· Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall Finance policy and procedure manual.
· The jobholder will effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors and UDN partners.
· Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
· Guide the staff and board on all matters pertaining finance and administration.
· Act as the Secretary to the Finance Committee of the Board.
· Be a member of the senior management staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold an MBA (Finance) /MSc (Accounting/Finance) or any relevant qualifications at Masters Level.
· Possession of a relevant post graduate qualification is an additional advantage.
· Professional membership i.e. ACCA, CIMA, and CPA etc. is an added advantage.
· At least five to eight years of overall professional experience; ideally 4+ years of broad financial and operations management at senior management level
· Extensive experience using SAGE Pastel Partner Accounting software is strongly desired.
· Knowledgeable of financial planning and budget management principles, policies, laws and regulations as applied to non-governmental institutional.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· Mature in character and strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with people of diverse political, social economic backgrounds.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of budgeting and financial management principles and practices in NGOs.
· Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
· Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Office, internet and intranet, Excel and use of other accounting packages.
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team; Ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent oral and written English language skills
How to Apply:
All supplicants should send their hand written cover letters and updated CVs either by hand delivery at the address below to via E-mail to:
Human Resource Assistant,
Uganda Debt Network,
Plot 153-155 Ntinda Road, Ntinda,
P.O. Box 21509 Kampaia-Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 23rd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline