Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: US Department of State Office for Global AIDS Coordination (OGAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About DREAMS-IC Project:
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. is implementing the Dreams Innovation Challenge (DREAMS-IC) Project, funded by the US Department of State Office for Global AIDS Coordination (OGAC).
Job Summary: The Finance & Administration Officer will provide a range of finance and operational support for the project, implemented in 10 countries in Africa. The F&A Officer will manage finance, audit, operations and logistics matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Audit:
· Manage organizational bank account including bank reconciliations;
· Keenly track monthly expenses and provide ledger monthly to US office counterparts;
· Work closely with US office on current and projected expenses on monthly basis;
· Develop and send cash flow request to US office monthly;
· Use QuickBooks software for expense recording;
· Regularly review expense vouchers before signature for full documentation per company and USG (donor) requirements;
· Administer petty cash;
· Draft purchase orders and prepare project payments;
· Ensure on time payment for staff salary and vendor transactions;
· Assist in generation of reports to meet government audit requirements and annual audit support.
Operations and Logistics:
· Work closely with other staff to confirm monthly activity planning and related expenses;
· Manage logistics and preparations for any project launches, workshops and meetings in-country;
· Assist in meeting, training and/or workshop printing of materials;
· Support grants management and technical (M&E) project activities;
· Make hotel reservations and confirm airport pick-up/drop-off for international technical assistance visits in-country;
· Assist other staff with travel logistics;
· Carry out procurement for vehicle rental and manage subsequent contract;
· Manage vendor relationships and payments to vendors;
· Procure equipment, goods, and supplies, following company procurement policy and procedures and in line with approved procurement plan;
· Maintain up-to-date asset register;
· Send documents to US office as needed;
· Coordinate and take notes at staff meetings;
· Manage project filing system;
· Manage any local consultants;
· Carry out other relevant tasks as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a finance, accounting or business-related field;
· A minimum of four years of relevant accounting, financial management and/or operations experience;
· Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs, PEPFAR funding and reporting preferred;
· Excellent organizational skills;
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Familiarity and understanding of country audit requirements.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
· Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
· Strong time management/task prioritization skills.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access;
· Knowledge of QuickBooks financial software;
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Foreign language skills preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join JSI Research & Training Institute in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 9th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline