Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Organization: Impact Water
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Impact Water is a for-profit, social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale. We sell high-performing water purification systems to social institutions (like schools, hospitals and health clinics) and workplaces, with multiyear, low-cost credit terms so that providing safe, great tasting drinking water to students, patients and employees is easier than ever. We’re the first drinking water solutions company to allow schools to time their installment payments with the receipt of schools fees. We’re also the first to provide a 2-year preventive maintenance program included in every installation. Impact Water is growing quickly and is already in over 1,100 Uganda schools, and is aiming to reach 5,000 Ugandan schools by 2018 and is now in the process of regional expansion.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will oversee the day-to-day financial management and administration of the organization, and ensure that the finance and administrative departments are successfully managed in compliance with company policies. The F&A Manager has oversight of internal control systems and procedures, operational accounting, financial reporting, and auditing. S/he also manages other administrative functions such as HR, procurement, inventory, transport and logistics. The incumbent will be responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures and new systems. The F&A Manager will play an important role in mentoring staff and identifying new hires as the company grows.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
· Design and implement systems and procedures, when and where needed, ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks
· The jobholder will monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring project liquidity at all times
· Ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents
· Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed, as applicable, to resolve unreconciled differences
· Offer support in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
· Develop and execute responsive and appropriate operations management systems (HR, procurement, inventory, installations, maintenance and repair, customer service, impact measurement)
· Oversee international and national procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
· Manage inventory and all other assets, ensuring proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis
· Providing active support to the Customer Service Team and Installations Team as needed
· Lead the HR function, ensuring compliance with national labor laws and practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a degree in finance, accounting, business administration, CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification. Master’s degree preferred
· A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing finance and administration, ideally for a private sector entity or a private-sector oriented NGO
· Broad knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) applicable to USA accounting procedures
· Ability to adopt new software and financial management systems
· Strong skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills
· Highly motivated with strong attention to detail
Compensation: Compensation is highly competitive and includes relevant benefits for qualified candidates.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must send a cover letter and updated resume to email@example.com (please note that applications not including a cover letter will not be reviewed). Please highlight your relevant experience. Please use the subject "Finance & Administration Manager” in all e-mail correspondence. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline: 10th September, 2016
Deadline: 10th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline