Job Title: Feed Mill Manager
Organization: Quantum Foods Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Quantum Foods Uganda (formerly known as Bokomo Uganda), a subsidiary of Quantum Food Group Ltd, a South African listed company, is a poultry breeder that has been operating in Uganda since 1999. The company produces day-old chicks (layers and broilers) and poultry feeds of the highest quality.
Job Summary: The Feed Mill Manager will primarily focus on meeting the needs of clients (both external customers and internal unit managers). The incumbent will analyze Feed Mill work flow, evaluate systems and formulate work plans and procedures. The jobholder will also be required to recommend strategies and communicate the desires of clients to other staff members to ensure understanding of the clients’ demands, challenges and goals. He/she will also be charged with monitoring progress against a set of benchmarks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of reviewing daily production records; scheduling feed production, raw material and ingredient orders and deliveries, employee attendance and leave.
- Responsible for evaluating employees and production equipment’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions and correspondence on customer demands.
- Developing feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use.
- Developing customer service procedures, policies and standards.
- Responsible for reviewing quality assurance results and ensuring that the required quality of raw materials is sourced and delivered. Answering customers’ questions on feed quality and nutrition.
- In charge of documenting, implementing and evaluating Standard Operational Procedures.
- Reviewing ingredient and feed sampling programs.
- Setting the standards for quality assurance.
- Submitting raw material and feed samples for analysis.
- Preparing annual feed mill budget and sharing it with Management;
- Evaluating time attendance Sheets, calculating short and overtime.
- In charge of reviewing and reporting on monthly costs relating to employees, machinery and operations.
- Evaluating new technology to lower manufacturing costs.
- Preparing capital requests and discussing it with Management.
- Implementing safety procedures, training employee on safety procedures and equipment and ensuring availability of safety equipment.
- Conducting Safety meetings and audits.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a diploma or degree in Agriculture, Animal production and Husbandry, Food and Nutrition.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in Animal Feed Production.
- High level of technical knowledge and competency.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Significant exposure and experience in Feed Mill Management will be an added advantage
- Good communication, customer service- and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues, with good presentation skills.
- Excellent organization, communication and problem solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The applicant must be fluent (speak, read, write) in English and Luganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications (including supporting documentation) addressed to: Ellen Odendaal, Managing Director, Quantum Foods Uganda with the subject of the E-mail as Application: Feed Mill Manager (Kampala)
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 14th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline