Job Title: Transport Economist
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Planning and Strategy
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Transport Economist will primarily apply transport economics analytical techniques to the SGR Project in order to aid Project planning, development and decision-making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in the formulation and review of policies, plans and strategies:
- Actively participate in the preparation of budgets and progress reports:
- Take part in the development of logistics, transit and multimodal transport corridors, plans and strategies:
- Actively participate in project identification, appraisal/modelling, financing, development and implementation:
- Actively participate in data collection and examining all forms of travel trends and impact of transport infrastructure on land use and development:
- Prepare technical and non-technical reports on economic trends and forecasts:
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Transport Economist career opportunity must hold a Bachelor (Hons) Degree in Economics or Statistics from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Transport Economics or Transport Planning will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an economist in Government or in a reputable organization.
- Personal Competencies: Economic Analysis; Team work; Planning Organising and Coordination; effective Communication; Ethics and Integrity; Result orientation; Computer Literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline