Job Title: Radiographer
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Consultant Radiologist
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a National Ugandan Organization that was established in 1991 as a Medical Institution and HIV/AIDS Centre of Excellence specializing in Medical Research, Health Care and Training.
Job Summary: The Radiographer will operate the X-ray, Ultrasound and Other Radiography machines to diagnose for a variety of injuries and diseases. The incumbent will also be typically involved in initial patient evaluation and providing diagnostic and evidentiary data to physicians.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take radiographs and perform ultrasound scans.
· In charge of maintaining files of accountabilities, receipts and procurement information for the Radiology department at JCRC.
· Maintain stoke cards and all the necessary records for the smooth running of a Radiology department.
· Prepare work plans and procurement plans for the Radiology department.
· Ensure radiation safety in the department.
· Maintain the various books and registers of accounts
· Make annual reports of performance of the unit.
· Actively participate in an annual internal audit.
· Attend core team meetings whenever necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor in Medical Radiography or the equivalent One year working experience or more as a radiographer in a recognized Radiology unit.
· Must be able to work independently and in a multi-cultural team environment
· Must be proficient in computers particularly in using Word and e-mail.
· Must be fluent in English, with good verbal and written communication skills
· Flexibility is important and the candidate may be required to work extra hours, holidays and weekends.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of three professional referees should either via post to: Manager Human Resource and Development Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101, Lubowa Hill, Entebbe road P.O. Box 10005, Kampala or via email with all documents combined in one PDF document on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday, 5th September 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline