Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP)
Funding Source: Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda received a grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) towards implementation of the Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase production and consumption of nutrient-rich foods and utilization (ff community-based nutrition services in smallholder households in project areas. The project will innovatively use the primary schools under the universal primary education programme as a transfer pathway for both agriculture and health based nutrition friendly technologies and services. The project will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) and 15 receptive District Local Government (DLGs), in a phased approach.
Job Summary: The Project Administrative Assistant will support the Project Coordinator in; project implementation and coordination, maintenance of records, organizing meetings, taking minutes of meetings, timely delivery of project communications, supervision and carrying out M&E activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will coordinate the various designated divisions of the project to ensure timely submission of reports and work plans.
- Offer support to the Project Coordinator to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Update and maintain records of project assets
- Ensure that regular meetings are held and keep record minutes of meetings
- Build, strengthen and manage linkages with Local Governments to make sure that reports are given on time.
- Maintain a project hard and soft copy filling systems and inventory of project documents
- Ensure timely delivery of project communications
- Organize Inter-ministerial Project Implementation Committee (IMPIC) meetings, PCU meetings and district planning & review and budgeting meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honour’s Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or any business related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in administration in a busy office
- Previous experience in administration in agricultural related activities will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of office business administration and management.
- Strong client focus and people skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team player.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and result oriented.
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of MS. Office.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send sealed application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents either by hand or email addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries,
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe-UGANDA
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Head Procurement and Disposal unit Procurement and Disposal Unit Office,
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue
- Please indicate the position being applied for and preferred district Local Government on top of the envelope. (Check top of advert for districts)
- All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Deadline: Monday, 10th October, 2016 by 4pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline