Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Securex Agencies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Securex Agencies (U) Limited is an ISO Certified Private Security Organization which has grown from strength to strength in the past forty three years to become the leading Security Solutions provider for a wide host of clients in diverse industries. Starting with only an investigations department in the seventies, Securex soon grew to incorporate the manned guarding section which to date is one of the most respected force in the provision of client friendly services.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with sustainable procurement initiatives, coordinating procurement. The Procurement Officer will provide support to the Corporate Property Manager in developing, maintaining and reviewing Council’s procurement guidelines, procedures and policies. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with sustainable procurement initiatives, coordinating procurement throughout Council, providing support for Technology One Purchasing module and users, monitoring internal procurement systems, supporting procurement projects across all Council divisions, providing procurement advice to Council staff, negotiating new supply agreements and renegotiating existing supply agreements. Functional relationships (relating to others)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Corporate Property Manager in the development and implementation of innovative and sustainable procurement guidelines, procedures and policy Identify opportunities for new and integrated supply agreements
- Gain economic savings and increased service levels from suppliers
- Development of Key Performance Indicators for new and existing suppliers and monitoring.
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved across the organisation
- Undertake, complete and assist in specific procurement projects and provide ongoing monitoring as required including working with budget managers throughout Annual Plan and Ten Year Plan processes
- Provide staff with training on Council’s procurement systems and processes to a knowledge level relevant to their position
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the Corporate Property Manager Council has operational procurement guidelines, procedures and policy Supplier agreements are established and we enter into joint procurement initiatives with BoPLASS or other relevant organisations where appropriate
- Successful negotiation with new and existing suppliers resulting in economic savings and increased service levels, and report on these achievements on an annual basis
- Monitor supplier agreements through key performance indicators and report on achievements
- Assist staff with queries and problems with procurement systems and processes, and address / resolve any non-compliance issues
- Procurement projects are completed in an accurate and timely manner with project objectives achieved Existing staff have a good working knowledge of our procurement procedures and systems, and new staff are inducted appropriately
- Any other duties are completed in a professional and timely manner to appropriate standards.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensuring that a professional manner is maintained with customers at all times
- In charge of building and maintaining close working relationships with internal and external contacts as appropriate.
- Acting as a representative for Council at appropriate Local Government conferences and seminars, procurement groups and other events held.
- Ensure that queries are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner
- Effective, professional relationships are developed and maintained with internal external contacts. Professional image is conveyed in public forums.
- Promote the implementation of the Corporate Culture Statement, Leadership Model and Health and Safety Systems.
- Recognises individual responsibility for Workplace Health and Safety under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992.
- Meet the statutory responsibilities detailed in the Information Management Policy & Procedure standard. Meet Environment Bay of Plenty’s statutory responsibilities for civil defence and emergency management.
- Corporate responsibilities are undertaken and completed accurately, meeting specified standards and within agreed timeframes Hazards are identified and all incidents and accidents are reported.
- Participating in any wellness programmes, such as stress management training and health monitoring.
- Ensure Council records are created and maintained incorporate information systems, meeting specified information management standards.
- Participate in any civil defence and emergency management training initiatives and assist with any civil defence emergencies as part of Environment Bay of Plenty’s responsibilities for civil defence and emergency management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge and understanding of areas and issues covered under the topic of Tertiary qualification in procurement, sustainability management, business management or equivalent or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Additional training on Procurement Systems Management
- Budget management experience
- The applicant must have Sage experience
- The applicant should have working experience with procurement systems and supplier negotiation
- A keen ongoing interest and relevant experience in Sustainable Procurement and / or Corporate Sustainability
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send a detailed CV and cover letter via E-mail to: email@example.com with the position title as subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 15th October, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline