Job Title: Pharmacist
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will ensure that regulatory policies, procedures and regulations are adhered to.
· Ensure that procured medicines and medical supplies conform to the Ministry of Health & NDA standards and are appropriate for distribution by the field level cadres
· The jobholder will also ensure effective medicines and medical supplies management systems.
· Develop a medicines and medical supplies forecasting system and ensure that stock outs are minimized.
· Optimize professional performance of the BRAC RHCs, ACs and PAs to ensure that they adequately manage medicines and medical supplies
· Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a reputable institution
· The applicant should have completed a mandatory 1-year internship placement and two years’ experience in pharmacy related supervision.
· The jobholder must be duly registered by pertinent professional bodies in Uganda.
· Hold a valid practicing license as a pharmacist.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least two professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline