Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Restless Development
Project Name: Get up Speak Out programme (GUSO)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Salary: UGX 15,519,635 Gross Annual
Restless Development is an international non-profit organization which is embarking on becoming the global banner carrier for youth-led development; demonstrating at the grassroots and policy levels that young people can and must play a lead role in development. Over the past five years, Restless Development has more than tripled the size of its budgets and programmes, and has been repeatedly cited as a model of best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, DFID, UNICEF and others.
Restless Development is leading community initiatives that empower young people to adopt safe sexual reproductive behaviours, participate in decision making processes and generate sustainable livelihoods. One of those initiatives is dance4life. Based on positive experience from the implementation of dance4life within the United For Health Tomorrow (UFHT) and Attitude Skills and Knowledge (ASK) programmes, Restless Development will be working with other SRH&R alliance partners and dance4life International to design the Get up Speak Out programme (GUSO). The five year programme will target young people in and out of school with an integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Reproductive Rights, Civic Participation and livelihoods, and will be implemented through a peer educator model in Jinja and Mayuge districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation of all programmes M &E activities: 40% Working with the programme team
· The incumbent will plan and conduct a baseline and end line studies for the Get up Speak Out programme
· Oversee the entry and management of people reached data on a monthly basis.
· The jobholder will design and lead training and other capacity building initiatives on monitoring and reporting systems for staff, peer educators and stakeholders.
· Support the programme team to record and analyse project data
· Carry out an analysis of M&E data on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to improve the project based on this data
· Plan and implement all debrief activities for the programme
· Work closely with the Programme Coordinator to develop monthly progress reports
· Work with the programme officer to collate case studies for the program
· Support peer educator recruitment, selections and training of peer educators
· Conduct M&E field visits
· Coordinate the submission of data from the field on a monthly basis
Support evidence based decision making: 20%
· Analyse monitoring and reporting data and communicate timely to staff so that results of analysis inform programme decision making
· Carry out quarterly project performance reviews with project staff and other stakeholders and monitor implementation of actions
· Prepare periodic program and project reports such as key performance indicator reports, donor quarterly, bi-annual and annual reporting requirements
· Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in preparing data for internal and external reports as required
· Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in the tracking of the staff evidence Based Decision Making Meetings.
Design Programme Monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems and tools 15%: Working with the programme Manager, Coordinator and the central M&E team
· Design and implement the Get up Speak out Monitoring and Evaluation system, including tools and frameworks in line with Restless Development M&E quality standards.
· Design data collection tools to verify indicators identified in the project plan
· The jobholder will develop and implement a plan for including young people from each community in the monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
· Ensure that Get up Speak out reporting is reflected in country-wide systems and processes and that accurate output data is shared with the Programmes Team
· Develop and implement a Performance Monitoring Plan for the programme and regularly identify planning and M&E Information requirements for the project
· Ensure the Program has M&E Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines being followed during implementation
Financial Management: 15%
· Ensure timely requisitioning and accountability for activity funds as required
· Ensure adherence to Restless Development Uganda’s financial policies.
· Ensure value for money in all finance transactions
Other: 5% Other duties as required, including occasional work on weekends for which time off in lieu can be taken
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Restless Development GUSO M&E Officer vacancy must hold a Diploma or Degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience
· A minimum of two years’ experience in the development sector including specific monitoring and evaluation experience (M&E Systems and tools design and implementation, data collection, entry, cleaning, analysis, reporting)
· Previous exposure and experience in training others in monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to young people in the field of HIV/AIDS, health and livelihoods
· Excellent organizational skills and understanding of monitoring and evaluation practices
· A strong personal commitment to the values, aims of Restless Development
· Previous experience in using Epi Info, Epi data and SPSS softwares or any other statistical software packages for design, data entry and analysis is desired
· Demonstrated experience in managing monitoring data and systems is also an added advantage
· Prior experience in youth reproductive health programmes within an NGO, particularly in a multi-cultural environment
· Broad knowledge of relevant national and international strategies and frameworks in the areas of youth empowerment, sexual health, HIV/AIDS, education and poverty issues is desired
· The individual must be results-orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills. The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organization and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application, form, download here and send it to: email@example.com, stating the vacancy job title as Uganda - GUSO Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline