Job Title: Marketing Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Job Summary: The Marketing Officer will implement SolarNow marketing promotions objectives by maintaining day to day marketing activities and participate in broader marketing and promotions campaigns in line with the organization procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in arranging the production and distribution of promotional materials (electronic and hard copy)
· Work in close collaboration with the promotions team, visit Solar Now branches to conduct marketing and promotions campaigns.
· Prepare and analyse sales and marketing data and gather competitor intelligence.
· Support marketing desk with the identification and development of sales channels in the target areas.
· The incumbent will support trade show and exhibition programs by assisting in bookings and arrangements, i.e. ensuring that the appropriate marketing materials are available, arranging pre-show promotions, attending trade shows in a sales capacity and executing post-show follow up (e.g. send out e-mails, fulfill literature requests).
· Assist in facilitating weekly promotions meetings.
· In charge of creating awareness of the available and new products.
· Serve as company representative for marketing and promotional events.
· Conduct face to face interviews with potential and current clients on the available products and services of SolarNow.
· Carry out any other duty assigned by the marketing manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, journalism or business administration, and or, any other relevant field.
· At least two years’ relevant work experience in marketing in a reputable company preferably dealing with marketing and selling products.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Customer relationship management skills
· Computer literacy skills
· Persuasive techniques.
· Ability to conduct interviews
· Ability to work late evenings and weekends.
· Ability and willingness to travel different parts of the country. (Flexibility)
· Fit with Solar Now culture.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, email@example.com, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 16th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline