Job Title: HR & Administration Officer
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Manager
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
IRC is working in collaboration with OPM, UNHCR and other agencies to provide multi-sector assistance program in Bidibidi Refugee Settlement in Yumbe District, which is now home to approximately 20,000 South Sudanese refugees.
Job Summary: The HR & Administration Officer will coordinate an effective HR function at Yumbe field office and will ensure that timely and quality human resource and administrative support is given to the Yumbe office. S/he will ensure that the HR policies and procedures of IRC are implemented in this field office. Basically, s/he will be responsible for all HR field related activities ensuring compliance with IRC’s HR policies and procedures. The role holder will play a key role in the overall field leadership of IRC Uganda, acting as a role model to staff. This will be under the supervision of the Field Manager (FM). The successful candidate should be able to deploy immediately.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Staff Recruitment & Exit:
- Work in liaison with the HRM and FM, Coordinate and support staff recruitment and orientation i.e. receiving the position request forms, drafting of JD’s, preparation of adverts, application processing, interview support as per the IRC recruitment procedures
- Ensure that all proper procedures are followed in the recruitment process, from the position request forms, adverts till the final contract is signed in liaison with KLA HR or designate
- Collate all interview paper work and send originals to KLA HO for safe custody & keep flimsy file for your records
- In charge of managing field induction / orientation schedules of new staff
- Ensure that there are signed copies of the JDs & performance objectives on all field personnel files
- Ensure that Exit interviews are carried out and all the necessary paper work is filed appropriately as per IRC’s exit procedures
- In liaison with the HRM, plan, coordinate and implement staff retention plans for our Yumbe office
- Update and maintain hard and soft copies of refined / updated Job descriptions. Ensure all Job descriptions are refined and updated frequently.
Staff Welfare & Administration:
- Manage the general wellbeing of Yumbe staff and give assistance in addressing any significant issues arising in consultation with the HRM.
- Ensure that staff queries on Health Insurance and salaries (e.g. pay slips) are dealt with expeditiously and if necessary escalated to HRM
- Health and Safety focal person- ensure that the OSH is implemented in the Yumbe office
- In liaison with the HR Manager, Implement HR policies by providing support and helping staff understand HR policies
- Serve As the focal point person for all Administrative functions at the field level.
- Ensure compliance with IRC administrative standards, national laws and regulations.
Payroll Processing: Work closely with the HR Kampala Team in timely Payroll Processing by ensuring that all information is sent by 10th monthly.
Staff Supervision: Directly supervise Admin Support Staff and ensure all HR/Admin functions are performed satisfactorily.
- Update the leave tracker monthly and send to KLA HR or designate in the 1st week of the new month.
- Ensure that all the leave requests are fully authorized and filed away appropriately with all the necessary attachments e.g. sick leave medical form /chit
- Coordinate and welcome new staff and visitors, ensuring that accommodation assistance is offered.
- Organizing social events (farewells, team buildings etc.) & workshops
Reports: Prepare and submit timely HR reports including activity reports, other areas of accountability to HRM as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) HR & Administration Officer career vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or other related field;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in similar positions, supporting similar complex emergency interventions preferably in conflict and post conflict situations.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and written skills, and good computer skills (MS Office)
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management.
- Demonstrable flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Good team builder with excellent people skills.
- Must be culturally sensitive and have the ability and interest to identify and work with a multi-cultural team.
- Good analytical and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well and ability to improvise
- Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline