Job Title: Education Specialist
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Project Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Education Specialist will provide innovative professional support to enhance technical soundness and coherence of the Strengthening School Community Accountability for Girl Child Education (SAGE) project under DREAMS innovation fund World Vision education strategy, guidelines and standards as well as the donor priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop a thorough analysis of the adolescent girls education landscape in target districts through primary and secondary assessments
· Offer support in the design/development of activity guideline to ensure that project implementation is done in line with the design and donor expectation
· Develop guidelines, tools and approaches for engaging teachers, peers and communities for developing and implementing an Early Warning System for maintain Adolescent girls in Schools
· Actively participate in design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and final evaluations and ensure follow-up of recommendations to improve quality of the project programming
· Identify technical capacity needs and organize capacity building activities for project staff and partners at the national, district and community level develop and regularly update database on the project interventions and outcomes
· The incumbent will periodically monitor for quality assurance of the project in consultation with the M&E specialist
· Support documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt and best practices as well as emerging issues in the implementation of the education project
· Develop case papers/policy briefs to drive WVU advocacy efforts on education in the technical working group meetings and to regularly interface with other subject matter specialists in the WVU Ministry priorities to foster integration the project with other ministry areas.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the World Vision Education Specialist career opportunity must hold a degree in Education, Social Sciences or other discipline relevant to livelihoods. Possession of a master’s degree would be preferred
· At least five years’ experience in managing Education programs with reputable institution, national or international NGO
· Broad knowledge and understanding of Adolescent Health and HIV/AIDS and experience working with the youth
· Broad knowledge and understanding of education concepts and issues in development context in keeping Adolescent girls in schools
· Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management
· Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, Ms Excel, stata
· Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
· Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th September, 2016