Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development Officer
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: ERD Manager
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
About ERD Program:
The International Rescue Committee has been implementing Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) programs in Uganda since 2005. In 2012, the IRC initiated an economic and social empowerment project in Kampala in support of urban refugees. A new phase of the project will start in October 2016, aimed at building the economic skills and resilience of vulnerable refugee and host community women and men in Kampala, building on the successes of the previous projects.
Job Summary: The Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Officer will be responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day program activities of the urban refugee economic empowerment project. The incumbent will support the Manager in delivering project interventions in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective mobilization of existing community saving and credit groups to participate in the project.
- Regularly review specific activity plans and budgets ensuring that planned activities are budgeted.
- Plan with and supervise specific trainings of the community saving and credit groups following project methodologies.
- Carry out regular monitoring visits to the community saving and credit groups and provide support as necessary.
- Ensure all the community saving and credit group activities are properly documented using approved tools.
- The jobholder will collect data from the community saving and credit groups on a monthly basis and enter it in the project database.
- Actively contribute to the revision of monitoring tools for the community saving and credit group activities.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on the community saving and credit group activities and participate in consequent reviews.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Economic Recovery and Development Officer career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in economics or related studies from reputable university; specialized technical training in private sector development, business development, or financial services for the urban poor is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years of practical field experience working with business development services, skills training or group saving schemes.
- Excellent writing skills, including report writing,
- Excellent networking and liaison skills,
- Good communication and presentation skills; pay attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline