Job Title: Project Support Officer (2 Career Jobs)
Organization: Malaria Consortium
Project Name: USAID/PMI Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary: USD 11,520 gross per annum
About Malaria Consortium:
Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. Malaria Consortium works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
About USAID MAPD Project:
The Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) project is a 5-year USAID/PMI funded project. The project aims to prevent and control Malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimise the social economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda especially in children under 5 years of age. The project will be implemented starting in August 2016, and will cover 43 districts with a total population of more than 13 million. The Malaria Action Program for Districts project offers a partnership uniquely positioned to deliver this implementation rollout. Partners include Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics (JHPIEGO), Banyan Global, Deloitte &Touché Uganda, Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) and Communication for Development Foundation-Uganda (CDFU).
Job Summary: The Project Support Officer will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management support services of project activities. The incumbent plays an active role as a member of the project team and provides project administrative, management and operational support in the implementation and monitoring of project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure administrative and logistic support to project and office staff 30%
· Coordination with different vendors
· Scheduling and hiring transport, and hotel booking for the staff and visitors
· Provide logistical support for trainings and meetings e.g. printing & photocopying of training materials, workshop venue booking etc
Arrangement of the procurement and vehicles management 30%
· Prepare and submit PRs and subsequently follow up for procurement and ensure timely receiving of goods as per requirement of the field offices and ensure adequate supplies of stationery and project materials
· The incumbent will coordinate procurement and supply of quality project items as requested by the technical teams.
Maintaining Documents 20%
· Maintain the project related files at the Head office as per project filing system and support regional administrators in filling project files.
· Keep up-to-date address lists, and phone numbers of staff and partners
· Provide support in maintaining and circulation of project documents
· Keep track & ensure safeguard of all office furniture
Provide communication support to the relevant staff on time 20%
· Perform routine secretarial jobs such communication by email, and phone, taking massages
· Maintain good and effective communication and relationships with field office staff.
· Prepared draft of communication as per requested.
· In charge of maintaining effective communication with all field offices to ensure timely supports for project activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Malaria Consortium USAID MAPD Project Support Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management, administration, development studies, or social sciences.
· One year of experience in the field of project management or field work or similar role.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good excel and other software skills
· Excellent managerial and organizational skills and abilities
· Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
· Skilled in use of computer software especially Microsoft office packages and email
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Keen attention to detail
Delivering Results: Takes on pieces of work when required and demonstrates excellent project management skills
· Shows a flexible approach to taking on additional work / responsibilities when needed to achieve results
· Demonstrates excellent project management skills to agreed timescales (timelines, targets, donor requirements)
· Makes clear and timely decisions within remit of own role Analysis and use of information
Uses evidence to support work:
· Identifies and uses various sources of evidence and feedback to support outputs
· Uses evidence to evaluate policies, projects and programmes
· Identifies links between events and information identifying trends, issues and risks
· Ensures systems are in place to address organisation needs
Interpersonal and Communications: Listens and clearly presents information
· Actively listens and pays attention
· Presents information and facts in a logical way
· Shares information willingly and on a timely basis
· Communicates honestly, respectfully and sensitively
Collaboration and Partnering: Collaborates effectively across teams
· Proactive in providing and seeking support from expert colleagues
· Raises difficult issues with teams/ partners and stakeholders with a view to positive resolution
· Proactive in building a rapport with a diverse range of people
Leading and motivating people: Open to learning and responds positively to feedback
· Willingness to manage own development and performance
· Builds capacity of colleagues by sharing knowledge (induction) and acting as induction ‘buddy’ when asked
· Open to learning new things
· Responds positively to feedback from others.
· Identifies mistakes and takes positive steps to improve
Flexibility/ Adaptability: Remains professional under external pressure
· Able to adapt to changing situations effortlessly
· Remains constructive and positive under stress and able to tolerate difficult situations and environments
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
· Learns from own successes / mistakes
Living the Values: Demonstrates Malaria Consortium values
· Demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness in dealing with colleagues and stakeholders
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
· Treats all people with respect
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness: Is aware of others’ activities and vice versa in planning activities
· Takes account of team members and others workload when planning.
· Maintains awareness of impact on other parts of the organisation, keeping abreast of other’s activities, objectives, commitments and needs
· Has a good understanding of the sector in which Malaria Consortium works
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
Deadline: 16th September 2016 by 2:30 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline