Job Title: Driver (Regular)
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Driver (Regular) will be responsible for transportation of project staff, partners and project related materials. The overall purpose of this post is to support IFDC operations through vehicle transport through the most efficient and economical way feasible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive staff to and from different places as instructed by the supervisor.
- Load, transport and offload program commodities /supplies to and from designated places as and when instructed by the supervisor
- The Driver (Regular) will deliver and collect mails as instructed
- Ensure safety of self and passengers at all times while on the road
- Drive program vehicles responsibly in accordance with all the pre-set traffic laws and regulations
- The incumbent will also maker there is timely communication of all issues related to the program vehicle to effect staff logistics
- Make sure proper documentation of all movements and maintain all relevant documentation at all times including log book, road license, insurance, parking licenses as well adherence to polices related to vehicle usage.
- Ensure sound mechanical condition and efficient use of the vehicle which include ensuring that vehicles are utilized for program activities only, carry out small service of vehicles at the office, follow parts service and replacement regulations and advice on purchase and replacements and operate vehicles in a safe and prudent manner and carry out regular inspections.
- Maintain cleanliness of the program vehicle
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Driver (Regular) job opportunity must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent.
- Holder of a professional drivers’ license
- At least three to five years’ experience as a driver for an international organization
- Ability to drive long distances and in some cases in rough roads
- Knowledge of delivering mail and correspondence and submitting/collecting documents to and from public and private institutions
- Ability to communicate in English, is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline