Job Title: Driver
Organization: Uganda Episcopal Conference
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrator
The Uganda Episcopal Conference (UEC) is the Assembly of the Catholic Hierarchy in Uganda, constituted with the approval of the Holy See, through which bishops express their collegial responsibility through collective action, to assure the progress of the Church and coordination of its social and pastoral ministry.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for running the day-to-day UCMB transport activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for driving of office vehicles for UCMB business or authorized purposes.
· In charge of securing and proper maintenance of vehicles, their tools and. accessories.
· Ensuring continuity of transport services by adhering to duty rosters.
· In charge of detecting mechanical faults of vehicles and reporting them for appropriate acti0n Entering mileage and other entries in the log books.
· Ensuring assigned vehicles have up-to-date vehicle registration and insurance
· In charge of checking vehicles to detect damages/faults at the completion of any long journey, and at weekly intervals
· Checking service schedules and ensuring service is carried out or service status is reported appropriately.
· Ensuring that all vehicle documents are in order and up to date (log books, insurance, registration, clearance to operate etc.)
· Checking and ensuring that all vehicle tools are present and in order and that all necessary controls (oil, lubricant, fuel, water etc.) have been carried out before driving or releasing a vehicle for a long journey.
· Ensuring the UCMB vehicles are regular kept clean and tidy both external and internally by ensuring prompt vehicle washing
· Ensuring absolute punctuality for duty and adhering to duty roster or instructions.
· Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a valid driving permit.
· A minimum of five years’ experience and performance as driver in a large Institution.
· Basic computer skills in MS Word and MS Excel.
· Non-alcoholic or individual who does not drink alcohol while on duty
· Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
· Good time keeping skills
· Good temperament and able to freely but respectfully and constructively relate with people of all levels
· Possess a high degree of flexibility and adaptability to readily accept any impromptu assignments or requirements to work outside normal duty hours
· Tidiness and courteousness with colleagues and office guests
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to:
The Secretary General of the Uganda Episcopal Conference,
Plot 672 Hanlon Road Nsambya,
P.O. Box 2886, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 9th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline