Job Title: Dispenser
Organization: Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre (NTIHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: In-Charge Medical Services
Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre (NTIHC) is the pioneer program in providing youth friendly Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) services in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Dispenser is responsible for pharmaceutical products management. He / she will prepare, prescribe and dispense drugs and supplies/appliances whilst providing stock control; ordering and restocking in accordance with drug policy and procedures manual
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that the pharmaceuticals products are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the NDA/ MOH guidelines.
· Maintain a clean working environment and ensure that all dispensary equipments are clean and in good working conditions.
· The jobholder will operate efficient stock controls appropriate to the needs of the clinic with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply and minimizing wastage.
· Act as the point of contact for redistribution of medication due to expire or are in excessive supply
· Regularly review and execute prescriptions, check their appropriateness, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is labeled with the correct drug name, quantity, directions for use, and include any additional required information.
· Ensure that the correct medication and prescription is given to the client, confirming the details shown on the prescription form and the label and confirming the dosage instructions where appropriate.
· Maintain full accurate and up-to-date records of all dispensing transactions.
· Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor in line within project scope of work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a diploma/degree in pharmaceutical sciences or pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognized institution. Training in YFS is an added advantage.
· A minimum of two years’ working experience in the relevant field.
· The applicant must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals council.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of common pharmaceutical aspects and logistics management.
· Ability in handle adolescent sexuality and reproductive related issues, feelings priorities and rights.
· Strength of personal values and character
· Excellent communication skills.
· Self motivation, hard work orientation and good team skills
· Basic computer skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications addressed to the following address with detailed CVs and cover letters with three professional referees and their day time contacts, copies of certified certificates and testimonials and day time telephone contacts.
The Program Director,
Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre,
P.O. Box 27572 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 9th September 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline