Job Title: Data Management Officer
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Humanitarian Coordinator
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular NGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region. Their programmes cover two main areas: Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, and Food Security including Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda since 1979. DanChurchAid works through partners and with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Data Management Officer will be responsible for management of electronic voucher and mobile money electronic systems, data entry and validation, extraction, reformat/transform, analysis, and loading of data into the different software systems developed in-house.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of monitoring and development of mobile monitoring tools with field staff.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly e-shilling top ups and management of records;
- In charge of troubleshooting on hardware, vendor gadgets/equipment with direct communication with the service providers
- Responsible for developing e-invoices and documents for audit and planning logistics and materials needed for the activities to be carried out.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Data Management Officer should preferably hold a B.Sc. in Statistics/ computer programming and related field
- A minimum of three years of related work experience
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) with ability to work with data bases and statistical software packages
- Previous experience in cash-based programming and familiarity with Mobile Monitoring Technology (MMT)
- Excellent communication skills and
- Good report writing skills
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Knowledge of local language in Yumbe would be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should mail their applications letters, together with updated CVs and contact details of three work-related references, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line referring to the exact job title.
Deadline: 2nd October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline