Job Title: CRES Maintenance Officer
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The CRES Maintenance Officer will primarily ensure corporate and regulatory compliance as well as the proper operation of all aspects of a building to create an optimal, safe and cost effective environment for the occupants to function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Management– 60%
· Deal with building maintenance problems reported by employees.
· Drive building fabric maintenance, fixtures and fittings repair to agreed standards and within budget.
· Have clutter cleared at branches regularly and have the buildings kept neat.
· Be familiar with all aspects of Barclays Africa premises and Health & Safety policies.
· Meet statutory requirements of Facilities Management and SHE at all times
· Ensure that all issues that pose threats to the employees and customers are forwarded to the respective departments for action as soon as possible
· Ensure that reports are generated
· Be responsible for the spares and parts inventory
· Access and evaluate the need before forwarding requests to Sourcing
· Management of change champion
· Follow-up any incidents and forward these to applicable authorities/stakeholders.
· Prepare budget and work scopes for contracted works
· Ensure all leases and rental agreements are up to date
· Ensure CRES MI is updated in horizon at all times.
· Agree the functional balanced scorecard with the Head of CRES for own area
· Maintain MI to assist the department in tracking its performance
· Participate in the preparation of annual budgets
· Contribute to the annual and long-term planning and strategy sessions for Operations in the country based on analysis of past performance and best practice in the market
Stakeholder Engagement – 20%
· Hold regular meetings and reviews with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
· Carry out regular visits to branches and sites and provide feedback to its management on the state of their facilities
· Provide expert advice and guidance in regards to the facilities maintenance issues
· Maintain excellent customer service with suppliers and internal customers
· Hold regular meetings with the department Head and update on works status
· Provide best practice advice to the business for the day to day management of their facilities related issues
· Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of the department for the customer experience based on internal satisfaction surveys
· Drive change initiatives and implement as per SLA with relevant parties where required
· Provide regular feedback to both internal and external customers
Control-20%: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
· Report to the Head of CRES any deviations and areas of non compliance which cannot be rectified in the required time frame
· Identify and assess any risks to the health and safety of employees whilst at work with a view to eliminate or reduce the risks
· Visit the different branches and centres to ascertain the status of the Facilities maintenance issues
· Ensure that weekly, quarterly, monthly, bi-annual and annual checks are performed and provided to the relevant stakeholders.
· Agree targets and take accountability for the overall turnaround of all maintenance requests
· Escalate to the Head of CRES in writing any deviations and areas of non-compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Barclays CRES Maintenance Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering or Electronics or any other field involving numeric and analytical skills
· At least three years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance in a busy environment
· Have in depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
· Proven ability as self-starter
· Working knowledge and demonstrable skills in facilities maintenance, Health and Safety including some of the regulations that impact them.
· Broad knowledge, understanding and skills to source quotes and be able to supervise and evaluate vendor’s services
· Have detailed knowledge of the Bank’s standards and policies on CRES and also be able to follow them.
· A strong customer service focus and attention to detail
· Efficient and organised team player assisting with other duties assigned during leave and peak workloads
· Working knowledge of operational risk management
· Good general awareness of the bank as a whole, its range of activities, the property portfolio, and the impact of different types of activity on space/location requirements, edge of the bank’s products, services and policies
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the bank’s policies and procedures
· Communication skills, both written and verbal
· Emergency preparedness and business continuity
· Environmental stewardship and sustainability
· Finance and Business awareness
· Leadership and strategy
· Operations and maintenance
· Project management
· Attention to detail and quality of output
· Facilities Maintenance
· Problem solving and investigative skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Relationship management skills
· Negotiation skills
· Planning skills
· Good team player
· Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
Deadline: 9th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline