Job Title: Country Director
Organisation: Build Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board Chairperson and Build Africa Global Chief Executive Officer
Build Africa is an International NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. BAU currently works in 13 districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi. Build Africa is currently implementing a number of projects from different donors.
Job Summary: The Country Director (CD) is a key leadership position responsible for overall strategy and management of the Build Africa Uganda Country Programme. The CD, in collaboration with the SMT, will lead the development of budgets and work plans and their implementation. The CD will work closely with the government, donors and other key stakeholders to improve education outcomes. As a member of the International Leadership Team the Country Director also contributes to the international strategy development, as well as ensuring the strategy is being effectively implemented, monitoring progress, managing and mitigating risk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will play a key role in the International Leadership Team to devise, execute and monitor the organisatipnal strategy.
- Take lead of the SMT in developing and delivering a robust business model ensuring growth of diversified income streams, including innovative financing and more traditional grant resources.
- Lead Build Africa's vision in Uganda and manage the short, medium and long term plans.
- Steer the design of proposals and budgets and subsequent delivery of quality focused implementation
- The incumbent will develop the organisation by strengthening capacity, building high performance teams, identifying and promoting talent and managing performance.
- Actively promote evidence-based decision-making and support/initiate operational research to better understand the needs of beneficiaries.
- Ensure that Build Africa Uganda is implementing best practice of Child Safeguarding throughout the programmes prioritising the needs of children.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Master’s degree in relevant field (Bachelor's degree holders with relevant experience will also be considered)
- At least ten years of relevant experience
- The Country Director must be an international development professional with a passion for education
- Previous exposure and experience of working with USAID, OFID, EU and UN funds is highly desirable
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the education sector in Uganda, Africa and at global level desirable
- Excellent track record of delivering on a strong growth strategy without compromising quality
- Broad knowledge and understanding of social business models highly desirable
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit an application letter and a CV along with the contacts of three professional referees via courier to:
Future Options Consulting Ltd,
4th Floor, Office No .417, DIB Centre, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th September 2016 by 5.00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline