Job Title: Coordinator
Organization: Uganda National Alliance on Clean Cooking (UNACC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Secretary
Uganda has a population of 31 million people with 87% living in rural areas and relying almost exclusively (96%) on biomass for cooking. 90% of them do not have an improved cook stove or clean fuel, which means they suffer from indoor air pollution, spend many hours of the day looking for fuels, and have high expenses in fuel costs.
To target these deficits, in 2007, the Government of Uganda developed the Renewable Energy Policy, which aimed to increase the use of modern renewable energy from 6% to 61% by 2020. This policy highlights the need for mass adoption of improved cook stoves and clean fuels to reduce demand for biomass energy resources. The Government is also developing a Biomass Energy Strategy (BEST) with a focus on increasing use of efficient biomass energy technologies.
In order to support these efforts and in order to establish a joint coordination framework for the private and public actors in the Ugandan clean cooking sector, important sector stakeholders, in 2013 formed the Uganda National Alliance on Clean Cooking (UNACC). UNACC’s aims are to address the coordination and promotional roles for the clean cooking sector, to support the development and implementation of national policies and regulations, and to collect and distribute data and information to all sector players.
Job Summary: The Coordinator will serve the administrative head of the UNACC secretariat and its focal person. The incumbent will mobilize and coordinate members, partners, staff and resources to effectively and successfully conduct the implementation of the UNACC Strategic Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide oversight over all UNACC’s operational activities including administration, finance, human resource and communication.
· Coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual work plans and budgets, aligned to the strategic plan, and advise NEC on all arising operational and strategic issues
· Identify opportunities and mobilize financial resources in accordance to the Country Action Plan (CAP) priorities
· Be the face of UNACC in liaising with UNACC’s donors and strategic partners
· Coordinate the implementation of donor program activities, including preparation of technical and financial reports as required in the respective grant support agreements
· Be ex-officio at all NEC Standing Committees and also be the secretary of the Standing Committee meetings
· Facilitate the holding of NEC and Standing Committee meetings
· Coordinate the timely preparation of regular and ad hoc financial, progress and other reports and ensure that external audits are conducted in time
· Assist the General Secretary in organizing regular and extra ordinary NEC meetings, recording and sharing minutes of meetings and other fora
· Support the General Secretary in organizing the Annual General Meeting
· Coordinate the procurement of services and goods and manage service contracts and joint ventures
· Represent UNACC in different forums and communicate to UNACC as required
· Keep a tab on technical and resource availability for the clean cooking and renewable energy sector at national and regional level and report to NEC and Standing Committees
· Perform any other duties as directed by the General Secretary or NEC
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a good University degree from a relevant field like; Business Administration, Project Management, or any other compatible field
· At least five years’ working experience in business administration or program coordination; work experience in the renewable energy and/or clean cooking sector will be added advantage
· Be an outgoing, communicative and proactive person, with a strong professional and charismatic vibrancy
· Communicate appropriate, clearly and effectively, written and verbally with very strong written and oral communication skills in English
· Demonstrate very good skills and experience in presentation and as speaker and/or moderator
· Proven track record in developing, maintaining and delivering on resource mobilization
· Use his/her private and professional network to expand effective and productive partnerships and networks for UNACC, focusing on resource mobilization and creating synergies in a manner that meets UNACC’s core values
· Demonstrable skills in research and data management will be an added advantage
· Computer literate, including good working experience in MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), internet research. Previous experience with any of the following software is an advantage; cashbook/accounting software, ERP, M&E software/database, cms.
NB: This post shall be filled urgently; it may require travelling in land and abroad from time to time; initial contract will be for a 12-month period with long term extension depending on performance
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply in writing via email to the Secretary General via firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting your application to our offices at Mukwasi House, Room W3.2, 38A Lumumba Avenue, Nakasero, Kampala.
· Applications will only be considered when submitted meeting the deadline, and including an application letter stating your motivation and relevant skills/experience, copies of your Bachelor's Degree certificate plus any other relevant certificates (original documents will be requested at a later date), and stating 3 referees including contact details.
When applying via email, it is necessary to state "RE: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF COORDINATOR WITH UNACC" in the subject line. When applying by submitting your application as hardcopy write your name and details in the left upper corner and "RE: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF COORDINATOR WITH UNACC" besides UNACC's contact details in the centre of the envelope.
· Please mention the expected/desired remuneration range in your cover letter.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 16th September 2016 by 5:00 pm