Job Title: Community Forestry Scientist
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: NaFORRI, Kifu- Mukono, Uganda
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Formulate strategies for enhancing community involvement in forest conservation.
· Collect, collate and analyze data pertaining to people’s use of forests for livelihood improvement.
· Develop collaborative forest management strategies for enhancing protection of forests.
· Actively participate in the management of Kifu Forest Reserve estate.
· Involve and guide communities on forest product value chains.
· Increase community awareness on importance of forests and the need to sustainably manage them.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should hold a Masters’ degree in Forestry with a bias in Socio Forestry or Community Forestry with at least two years demonstrated working experience in the relevant field.
· Previous experience and short courses in public relations will be added advantage.
· Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy (Check at top of the advert). The applicants should not apply for more than three posts.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline