Job Title: Communications & Events Manager
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Brand Marketing & Communications
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Communications & Events Manager will create, implement and oversee communications programs & events, both internal and external, that effectively describe and promote dfcu Bank and its products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will co-ordinate both internal and external Bank communications including presentations, press releases and speeches.
· Create and develop online advertising, email marketing, website management and content development.
· The jobholder will manage the social media agency and monitor content in line with communication and brand guidelines.
· Manage and coordinate the PR agency and media houses for positive coverage of the dfcu Brand, products and market activities.
· Co-ordinate media and public affairs activities to build a positive image for the Bank and its products
· Manage the monitoring of media and dfcu editorial coverage across a wide range of media channels.
· Build on existing and develop new relationships with the media and other key stakeholders (e.g. PR associations, media associations etc.)
· Manage the planning and implementation of dfcu Corporate/ Product events and sponsorships.
· Continuously identify opportunities to promote the dfcu Brand within the public e.g. participation in Trade fairs, Business exhibitions etc.
· Coordinate charity and community activities.
· Support other dfcu departments/units on all internal communication activities.
· Keenly monitor the adherence to the dfcu communications policy across the Bank.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the DFCU Bank Communications & Events Manager job placement should hold Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
· A minimum of four years’ experience in a communications or marketing role
· Previous exposure and experience of developing and implementing media or marketing campaigns
· Prior experience of representing an organization to the public or/and media
· PR Agency experience is an added advantage.
· The applicant must be a confident communicator and presenter
· Strong writing and editing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
· Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
· Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
· Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small dynamic team
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
· Ability to manage a complex workload and work with tight deadlines
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in standard office ICT skills, including social media
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 15th September 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 3rd October 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline