Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager Business Development and Marketing
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Chief Manager Business Development and Marketing will support the Bank be taking responsibility for the development of innovative customer tailored solutions / products, branding and marketing of Bank products and services and the management of the Brand to support Business development. The incumbent is also responsible for undertaking research and competitor scanning of the market and industry to support Business development and growth initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of promoting, implementing and monitoring the Bank brand to ensure that it is compliant with the Brand specifications and serves the purpose of brand recognition and awareness.
· Taking the lead in driving and implementing research activities (competitor analysis benchmarking, market intelligence, feasibility studies) of the industry and market to ensure that the Bank’s product and service performance is monitored on an going basis and research is accurate so as to improve product and service development and ensure that new products and solutions are innovative and relevant to the market. This is in order to support the Bank Business growth and development initiatives.
· Developing marketing content and key messages which communicate the core objectives mission, vision and values of the Bank. In addition, ensuring that the relevant content is developed for the platforms from which products and services are sold and marketed including (website, television, radio and publications).
· Responsible for developing, planning (conceptualising), coordinating and implementing segment marketing plans and activities thus contributing to market growth and revenue to the Banks bottom line.
· Manage and lead the marketing development department to ensure that all staff within the department are fully supported in delivering their key targets and objectives. In managing team performance, the role is responsible for enhancing the department’s technical capacity to deliver the strategic objectives.
· Taking the lead in enhancing both internal and external product awareness capacity by providing training and product awareness seminars so that all staff and customers are aware of the product availability and therefore playing a key role in driving business growth
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Chief Manager Business Development and Marketing career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field
· Professional qualification in CIM
· At least five to eight years’ exposure in a related role of which 4 years should have been at a managerial level in a busy financial institution/ large organisation
· Hands on exposure in; Research, Agency management, Brand conceptualisation and roll out
· Excellent communication, presentation skills and conceptualisation skills.
· Excellent qualitative and quantitative skills.
· Thinking ability-linking cause and effect/relationships
· Team management and development skills
· Report writing, concept proposal writing and creative engagement
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline