Job Title: Chauffeur
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Grade: FSN–3 (Ugshs 30,890,408 p.a. inclusive of allowances)
Vacancy Announcement Number: 86-16
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
· United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
· Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
· Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Chauffeur operates a passenger vehicle in accordance with the Motor Pool Dispatcher’s instructions to transport personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding areas. The jobholder also runs errands.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Chauffeur transports personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding areas in accordance with the Dispatcher’s instructions.
· The incumbent also collects biological samples from various sites upon request.
· Meets visitors at the airport and transports them to hotel accommodation and returns them to the airport on their departure.
· Drives officers upcountry on official duty.
· Delivers and collects mail and other documents.
· Completes trip tickets to assure the proper accounting of all vehicle usage. May operate a small bus or carryall.
· Maintains vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventive nature, notifying the Motor Pool Dispatcher of any service problems or damage that require more than minor servicing.
· Takes vehicle to GSO for regular maintenance checks and to correct any mechanical faults that occur.
· Ensures safety of passengers at all times by use of safety belts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
· The applicants for the United US Embassy Chauffeur job opportunity should possess of O’ and A’ level certificates.
· At least two years of chauffeur experience is required.
· Must be familiar with local traffic laws and traffic patterns.
· The applicant must possess a local drivers’ license appropriate to the type of vehicle operated (B, DL and DM).
· Language Proficiency: Level III English (good working knowledge) ability is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
· Download a completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff, Download it Here.
· Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov
NB: Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) in a single attachment (No Zipped files, Links or Multiple Attachments) and should not exceed 10MB. Please clearly indicate the position number and title you are applying for on the DS-174 form.
Deadline: 15th September 2016
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline