Job Title: Camp Manager
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Camp Manager will provide camp management support to the South Sudanese Refugees Emergency Operations for URCS Response Actions and Projects in Bidi Bidi resettlement site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve timely and effective implementation of its operation in Bidi Bidi
- Manage and coordinate all camp management activities and ensure they are implemented according to OPM/UNHCR standards and procedures.
- Prepare and submit budgets, reports and work plans related to camp management activities and other URCS activities.
- Offer support with management of any emergency situations in the camp.
- Manage project monitoring and evaluation and work with staff to ensure that projects meet their objectives and are fully reported on, including assisting with preparation of the weekly report.
- Oversee and supervise URCS’s WASH and construction activities.
- Work in liaison with camp committees to ensure effective implementation of all activities in the refugee camp.
- Ensure that non-food item distribution is conducted smoothly and fairly.
- Maintain and update security information and data in consultation with OPM and UNHCR, camp committee and implementing partners.
- Regularly monitor and adhere to URCS and Donor standards and accountability requirements for all resources within the camp.
- Work closely with UNHCR and OPM in supervising and monitoring refugee movement and resettlement.
- Lead URCS in all mass meetings, events and commemorations in the refugee camp.
- Provide strong leadership and clearly outline strategic direction, priorities, objectives and expectations.
- Ensure constructive collaboration between all of URCS’s work areas: WASH, Shelter and Camp Management, as well as between URCS, local authorities, other NGOs (WASH and Health) and UN agencies.
- Support the Operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for this vacancy should hold a post-graduate degree in Social Science, Sociology, Community Development or a related field.
- Trainings of added value in; Project planning and management, Emergencies and Relief operations/ Disaster Risk Reduction, Participatory approaches and methodologies, Monitoring and evaluation.
- At least five years’ experience working in a humanitarian context, preferably in a refugee program
- Previous leadership experience, with strong management skills
- Excellent project management skills, including financial, report writing and administration skills
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile environments, especially with refugees
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Experience and skills in managing resources to optimise results
- Able to work with a diverse range of people and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Excellent time management
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills
- Able to use initiative and think strategically
- Community facilitation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline