Job Title: Business Development Manager
Organization: CIC Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CIC Insurance Group is the leading Co-operative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management Services. It is a pioneer and leader in Micro-insurance. The Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it International recognition.
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager will generate revenue for General Business to achieve corporate annual budgets through the development of assigned markets and channels as a source of profitable business for the company through development of strong relationships and partnerships
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Building and developing strong strategic partnerships/relationships within assigned market and channels;
· Plan and carry out consumer education within the assigned markets and channels;
· The jobholder will drive profitable business for the company (New and Renewal);
· Design and develop need based products for the assigned market;
· The incumbent will develop and deliver excellent customer experience in the market;
· Recruit, develop and build capacity of intermediaries/sales force in the market;
· Ensure timely collection of premiums;
· Liaising with support functions to follow up on client queries and complaints.
· Conduct market activations and storms in strategic locations with respective sales teams through visits or other means;
· Prepare market intelligence reports on products and services.
· Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
· Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval;
· Participate in planning and budgeting for the department and
· Participate in various meeting and committees.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A Master’s degree an added advantage
· Professional qualifications: ACII or other recognized insurance qualification.
· At least eight (8) years’ relevant experience in a similar position, three (3) of which at supervisory level
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent customer care skills
· Leadership skills
· Good negotiation skills
· Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
· Understanding of the working environment /competitors
· Technical competence in insurance
· Basic knowledge of regulations by IRA
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strictly encouraged to send an updated resume to the address below indicating the job title in the subject of your email. For example: Ref: Application for Business Development Manager to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 12th September 2016.
NB: Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 16th September, 2016 consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline