Job Title: Assistant Expenditure Accountant
Organisation: PILA Consultants
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Expenditure Accountant
PILA Consultants is a client-centered local firm with an international perspective and a truly unique consultancy concept focusing on organizational/ Institutional Development and Human Resource Management. They seek to recruit for a reputable regulatory body.
Job Summary: The Assistant Expenditure Accountant will provide support to the Finance function by ensuring accuracy and efficiency in processing and reporting of transactions and effective compliance with set policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routinely verify authenticity of payments and accountability documents and process financial transactions in line with institutional policies, International Accounting Standards, statutory requirements and best practice.
- Update the accounting systems and maintain accurate up- to- date financial records in line with institutional policies, International Accounting Standards, statutory requirements and Best practice.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliations, Operational advances and Staff- Medical reports in line with institutional policies, International Accounting Standards, statutory requirements and Best practice.
- The incumbent will prepare and file statutory deductions to the relevant authorities (URA, NSSF, Local Government & suppliers) in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly cash flow that ensures that the revenue requirements for the institution are timely met.
- Offer support in the development of budgets and subsequent budgetary control for the various activities and programs.
- Undertake banking and withdrawal of cash and manage petty cash on an imprest basis.
- Regularly update the asset register, engrave and insure them in a timely manner.
- Perform any other official duties as may be reasonably assigned by your Supervisor or Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Assistant Expenditure Accountant must hold an Honours degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting), Business Administration (Finance/Accounting) from a formally recognized institution or equivalent.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA level II or CPA level II.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in a busy organization.
- Proficiency with computerized Accounting packages especially Micro soft Dynamic NAV and/ proficiency in use of spreadsheets.
- Be of high moral character with a high degree of integrity.
- Be performance oriented and ready to work for long hours under a busy environment.
- Good computer literacy skills
- Good team player.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Age: Between 25 to 35 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application (clearly marked with the job applied for) including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees, copies of professional/Academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact to the address below;
Plot 648 Nanfumbambi Road, Makerere West (Kikoni),
P.O. Box 9092, Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 7th October, 2016 by 4:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline