Job Title: Assistant Director
Organization: Bududa Canada Foundation
Duty Station: Bududa, Uganda
Reports to: Treasurer, Bududa Canada Foundation
Bududa Learning Center is a not-for-profit organization confronting poverty in a very practical way. We are governed by an international board based in North America, the Bududa Canada Foundation. Our organization has three divisions - Bududa Vocational Academy, Children of Bududa Sponsorship program, and the Bududa Women’s Development group. These projects educate children and young adults, promote local income generation, and empower women to excel and start small enterprises. We care about our community and the importance of Ugandans leading the next generation to a sustainable future. Bududa Learning Center projects focus on training young adults to be independent through skills education; supporting children in education/social work; administering financial literacy and micro-finance for women.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Coordination: The incumbent will coordinate program activities and report events throughout the year. Assist in strategic planning with the Executive Director for sustainability of Bududa Learning Center.
- Teamwork: Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer & Headmaster of Bududa Vocational Academy in establishing community presence and facilitating the projects in Bududa, Uganda.
- Communication: Prepare and submit reports for review by the governing board and external communication. Be proficient in internal and external communication by writing donor reports, case reports, and analysis of field work. Support crowdfunding and social media campaigns for fundraising work.
- Global Presence: Maintain the global website by including up-to-date quarterly field reports and running the staff blog, including social media campaigns linked to the launch of the site.
- Community Presence: Act as direct liaison in community engagement with government officials, local/international non-governmental organizations, and community members in field work, new projects and case management of youth involved on projects.
- International Volunteer Coordination: Host and supervise interns and volunteer staff throughout the year by coordinating field work, project schedules; supervising data collection for Monitoring & Evaluation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Assistant Director must hold a University degree preferably in international development or related degree (or) seven years of related experience
- Prior experience working in a multicultural setting
- At least two years of professional experience in international development in a similar role, in communications and/or project coordination/management (or) a combination of volunteer/professional experience for three years or more
- Proficient communication skills, in drafting project reports and editing/writing for newsletters, One year of professional or volunteer experience in a developing country
- press releases, and/or other external communication materials
- Willingness to work closely as an adaptable associate in this role to learn, listen and work as a team, under humble conditions in a unique culture
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Willingness to work Monday through Saturday on most weeks
- Ability to understand the philosophy that guides Bududa learning Center
- Some experience with Quickbooks and/or financial software
- Willingness to come and experience rural Uganda living
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters with three references to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 15th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline