Job Title: Agricultural Economist
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in data collection, compiling, and data cleaning of primary and secondary data related to all the field level projects, demonstrations conducted through IFDC-UG office.
- Support the M&E team with the development and documentation of constructed datasets.
- Conduct economic analysis on cost of production, profitability of agricultural farming systems, enterprises, financial and economic return analysis plus other statistical analysis required by the technical team (agronomy and agri business).
- Work closely with M&E in designing and implementing farm household surveys with sampling.
- Able to produce economic analysis reports in a concise and timely fashion
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Agricultural Economist job opportunity must hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, development economics, agricultural economics, or related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in conducting farm level economic analysis related to cost of production, profitability related indicators after Bachelor’s degree or one year of post-Master’s work experience.
- Prior experience working in an international setting doing capacity building or other development related activities as required by the CoP and the project.
- Computer literacy i.e. familiarity and Experience with data analysis using data analysis and management software (e.g. Micro soft packages – Excel, Access and SPSS)
- Previous experience in data processing, analysis, and management, including manipulation of small and large datasets and able to provide meaningful interpretation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time.
- Prior experience conducting interview-based field research in Uganda or EA region.
- Knowledge of issues related to farm management issues, farm household related indicators – social and economic; and crop management.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary and cross-cultural teams.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline