Job Title: Administrator
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client in the architectural industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office organisation and cleanliness
- In charge of preparing and maintaining basic books of accounts and payroll
- Assist in preparing and monitoring of the annual budget of the business;
- Ensure that clients are billed on time and ensure timely follow up collecting on invoices sent to clients;
- Ensure compliance with all tax filing deadlines and submissions;
- In charge of the maintenance of registration files of the firm and ensuring that all annual registration requirements required of the Directors and firm are complied with in good time e.g. with KCCA, URA, etc.
- Prepare expense reports - e.g. telephone reports, claims summaries, advance claims prior to payroll date of 25th of each month. Stationery reports, etc by billing date of 1st of every month;
- Keenly review and process advance and claim forms timely. Ensure that out of pocket policy is complied with by staff;
- Prepare IT reports usage. Provide a monthly report on IT matters and ensure staff IT problems are resolved quickly;
- Manage all petty cash matters;
- Track all WHT tax deductions suffered by the firm and maintain an accurate record for these for inclusion and posting in the financial records of the company;
- Handle all procurement of the business.
- Admin checklist compliance. Report to be given to Director on a monthly basis;
- Maintenance of staff annual leave management worksheet;
- In charge of the maintenance of property and equipment register which is submitted to director on a quarterly basis for review;
- The Administrator will manage reception area
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in a finance field;
- Professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA/CPA level an added advantage;
- A minimum of four to five years’ experience working in a busy Admin and Finance role
- Computer literacy i.e. hands-on experience using Tally and QuickBooks.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented;
- Must have an analytical and questioning mind;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of the URA portal with particular emphasis on tax filings including VAT, income tax, WHT, PAYE;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Good team player and understands that their role is there to support the professional staff in achieving a collective objective.
- Is a self starter and works with little supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline