Job Title: Administrative/Finance Officer
Organisation: Real Medicine Foundation (RMF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Real Medicine Foundation provides humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, economic, and social support.
Job Summary: The Administrative/Finance Officer establishes and maintains efficient administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with RMF, and UNHCR and UN administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures. The incumbent manages the day-to-day human, financial and administrative resources of the project; conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, proposes the administrative budgets of the project, ensuring that disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and RMF’s and UNHCR’s Financial Rules.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage the day-to-day personnel, financial and administrative resources of the project.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- The jobholder will formulate, implement staff safety and security measures and ensure Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) compliance, in consultation with the Programme Officer and RMF Country Director.
- Manage the recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning local General Service staff and support the recruitment process of internal staff.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to RMF headquarters as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare a consolidated budget for the project operation for approval by RMF Uganda Country Office and RMF Headquarters.
- The incumbent will select and negotiate with local service providers, within the established financial parameters.
- Certify country financial expenditures.
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables.
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
- At least two years of relevant experience with Advanced University/Master’s Degree (4 years with University/Bachelor’s Degree).
- Applicants should be in alignment with Real Medicine Foundation’s values of respect and dignity, its vision of ‘Liberating Human Potential’ and ‘Empowering Local Leadership,’ and its mission of providing humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty-stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, social, and economic support.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of another Ugandan language.
NB: This employment start date is 5th of October 2016.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must send Email their updated CVs and cover letters to email@example.com or mail sealed to: RMF Uganda; Kamalu Makerere Kavule, Kampala opposite Total Petrol station Kavule or call: 0702994110.
Deadline: 30th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline